topright recognises the importance of environmental issues and is fully committed to initiatives that conserve our environment. We recognise that as a Company we have a social responsibility to help preserve the environment.
As part of our service process, we will consider environmental impact as a routine component in any cost-benefit analysis undertaken. Our service plans and quality management system will also be reviewed to ensure that environmental impact is and continues to be at the forefront of the way we propose to operate.
Environmental Good Practice:
We will promote environmental good practice by:
- Encouraging the use of recycled paper and envelopes wherever possible.
- Using electronic means for communication wherever reasonably practicable (e.g. email) and electronic data storage to reduce the need for storage space and thereby make more efficient use of accommodation. We will continue to review our methods of working to incorporate new and more efficient ways of achieving our objectives in this respect.
- Encouraging less use of cars by recommending and where appropriate, cycling and use of public transportand and walking.
- Reusing and recycling paper.
- Encouraging contractors that we undertake business with to be environmentally aware and including in contracts a need for environmental compliance wherever reasonably practicable.
We will ensure that electrical appliances such as computers and office lights are switched off when not in use and install sensor devices where reasonably practicable for lighting requirements. We will also use power efficient machinery and switch off any electrical devices that are not currently in use. For example, we will not leave equipment in stand by mode whenever practical. We will also ensure that the heating of our office space is efficient and does not require the additional use of electric powered heaters to supplement it. To this extent, we will not unnecessarily leave doors and windows open during periods of cold weather.
We will seek to ensure that our paperwork for communication with debtors is clear and concise and effectively designed to minimise the need for further communications that may also require the use of paper. We will also provide a contact telephone number, email details and website information for our customers to use to minimise the need for communications involving paperwork.
Pollution and Energy Conservation:
We will ensure that environmental factors are taken into account in the future purchase of new computer hardware or print equipment. We will at all times consider the environmental impact of our purchase and opperating decissions.
We will seek to encourage staff and customers to conserve water by not leaving taps running and to encourage the use of water and energy saving devices within accommodation.
Continue to protect the natural environment:
We clearly understand the need to protect our environment and shall take steps to ensure that in all actions the local and global environment is placed first. To this extent we will promote the 5 R’s of waste management namely:
We will review all materials provided within the office to ensure that the following are met wherever possible:
- Ensure that all materials purchased are high quality durable products;
- Not habitually use stationery stores;
- Use recycled materials where they are of an acceptable quality;
- Purchase reusable or refurbished products if available;
- Re-use a photocopier paper wherever possible to minimise paper use.
We will always seek to reduce our consumption of raw materials by:
- Using only what we need to use
- Reducing paper consumption overall
- Printing on both sides of paper
- Making any corrections on screen
- Using electronic mail
- Reusing envelopes where possible
- Minimising junk mail.
We will always seek to re-use materials by:
- Choosing re-usable and refillable products
- Re-inking and refilling print cartridges
- Re-using incoming packaging
- Selling/giving away unwanted equipment that can be reused.
We will seek to promote the need to use and re-use by:
- Purchasing products that can be recycled
- Fully utilising the office re-cycling scheme.
Responsible waste disposal
We will manage the disposal of waste in a controlled environment by:
- Making adequate arrangements for confidential disposal of documentation, reports and paperwork
- Ensuring full compliance with duty of care regulations and use registered contractors for waste disposal
- Disposing of difficult waste using specialist disposal companies.
topright will review this policy regularly to take into account any changes including legislation and best practices.